You have many options. Let's go through them:
- Lard. Cheap and cheerful but it does tend to clag up your throat as it goes down. Only use lard if you're really desperate.
- Trex. Not bad and it's a lot lower in fat than butter. But who wants low fat when you're supposed to be enjoying yourself? No-one. Next option.
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Because I Have No Taste Buds Due To Drinking A Bottle Of Hydrochloric Acid. Enough said.
- Olive oil. Come off it. There's fancy and there's just showing off. You can't even spread it. Next.
- Let's face facts, there's only one real option. It has to be the King of cold fats: Lurpak. Once you've tasted it you'll recoil in horror at the mere mention of using a substitute cold fat. Give your guests Lurpak and they will be talking about your dinner party prowess for years to come. Go on, give it a try, you won't be disappointed.