Being a lover of lists and statistics, I thought I should do a little feature on the first 100 reviews. Here are some interesting (?) facts/opinions:
- 3 films have been awarded 10/10: Serenity, North by Northwest and Harold's Going Stiff.
- 2 films have received 0/10: Bare Behind Bars and The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.
- Doccortex is yet to award either a 0/10 or 10/10 (although he did say he would have given Scott Pilgrim vs the World 0/10 if it had been obscure enough to review).
- There have been 14956 pageviews so far.
- 2 references to Pek have been made. (Does that make it 3 now? I'm counting it regardless.)
- Best Actor: Stan Rowe (Harold's Going Stiff)
- Best Actress: Polyanna McIntosh (The Woman)
- Worst Actor: Robert Tessier (The Lost Empire, The Sword and the Sorcerer)
- Worst Actress: Raven De La Croix (The Lost Empire)
- Biggest disappointment: Troll Hunter
- Most pleasant surprise: Some Guy Who Kills People
- Approximate total number of words written: 40,873ish
- Stupidest idea for a film: Cold Sweat
- Film that has grown on me the most since I've watched it: Cold Sweat
- Best death scene: Head + hammer incident in Kill List
- Biggest surprise in terms of page views: Waitress - 231 page views (Why are people searching for the word 'waitress'? Hmmm, I wonder...)
- 2nd biggest surprise in terms of pageviews: Lake Mungo - only 16 page views. For such a good film, it deserves a lot more.
- Most successful Intermission: Cocktails, who knows why.
- 3rd funniest search entry leading to an obscurendure page: 'old ladies in hot tub'
(I am getting seriously disturbed writing this blog. First the Julie Andrews incident, now this...)
- 2nd funniest search entry leading to an obscurendure page: 'bitch nurse gimp boy'
- Funniest search entry leading to an obscurendure page: 'the netting of homeless people' (All three of these searches are actual things that people have Googled. What thought processes went through their heads before they typed those?)
- Top eye-spice for the gentlemen: Natalie Portman (Garden State)
- And for the ladies: any of the fat, hairy moustachioed fellas from Bare Behind Bars (they don't call me 'evlkeith: the spoiler of ladies' for nothing).
- Most successful Feature: Prison Checklist
- Best comedy fall: Atanarjuat
- Number of days to post 100 reviews: 199
- Average time between posts: 1.99 days = 1 day 23 hours 45 mins and 36 secs.
- Amount of time on my hands: far too much.
- Biggest pervert: Lupin (Lupin the Third)
- Most improbably proportioned lady: Fujiko (Lupin the Third)
- Creepiest villain who you wouldn't want to wake up and see them leering over the top of you in just their pants, making an unnerving 'he he he' noise: Mamo - the lilac suited freak (Lupin the Third)
To finish off, here's a sick little graph to show the overall quality of the first 100 films.
So, a bit better than average then. It should be. I don't try to choose duff films to watch. It just seems to happen. A lot.
Let's see what delights the next hundred brings us...